Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh the Joy

Well we have been here in Austin without Trooper for 2 days now. It is an adventure. The kids...wow...I know 3 kids can be a hard thing, but 3 without a break...it is all about the mindset. I know when have have (or had) my normal day in Rowlett I was ON until the moment Trooper came home. Then, I could relax in the thought that I was not the lone parent at home for the moment.

When Trooper was still doing Army Drill last year or was out of town on business, it was the same thing. The mindset had to be there for the weekend. Once Trooper was home or almost home, the pressure or my tolerance would change.

I know I have to keep praying and keep that mindset in check while Trooper is gone. Keep those prayers coming for me too!

In an apartment (as I am finding out now since the closest I have ever been to living in an apartment is the college dorm) you have to watch out for the noise you are making above for the people below...that is a hard thing to teach 2 preschoolers and a baby that is thinking about walking one day. But you know what though...when you down size the place you live from a 4 bedrooms with 2 dining, 3 living, 2 1/2 baths, and an office to an apartment with 2 bedrooms, 1 dining, 1 living, 2 baths, and a study used for the baby room...well there is a whole lot less to clean! Not that I have really been cleaning that much over the last 5 days other than under where the kids are eating.

Anyways...

In an apartment WITH 3 KIDS you must get out of here often. You cannot send the kids to the backyard...unless you want Paige going over. You cannot send them to the garage to ride their bikes in the rain...that would require me getting the bikes out of the bike lock, putting them in my car, and taking them to my garage unit near the club house...and where would my kids be?!?! If you get to the car or downstairs for that matter and forget you sunglasses, there is no putting the kids in the car and running back in to get them.

So far we have done well. Our unit is the next to farthest away from the club house. We have got on Parker's big wheel and the double jogging stroller and taken a ride/jog to the front. While there, Parker and Paige play on www.starfall.com and I have a cup of coffee or tea and Peyton plays with the pool table balls. Then we jog/ride back. We take about an hour round trip and the kids love it! I am going to keep that up as long as I can.

This is also a good little workout for me since for the 1st time since having kids I am without a gym with childcare. We have a gym here, but no one to watch my kids...here Paige, run off some steam on the bike will you? Parker, will you spot Peyton on the bench...I have looked into a few gyms to work at, but I really just want to take a little break. I remember teaching morning classes when Paige was under 18 months and still taking that morning nap...those were not always good days. So, I am going to see about getting into a gym working come this fall...about the time Peyton will drop that nap!

I know it has been forever since I have put pictures up. I promise I will by the end of the week...I need to get a little more unpacking done. Today was setting up the big kids room and making Peyton's curtain. As you read above, he is in the study. The study is in our room. There is a doorway to his room from our room, but no door. I took all 3 kiddos to Hancock Fabrics to buy fabric for the "door." It is already up!!! That was a must.

Tomorrow...clean out laundry room and hang P1 and P2 curtains. Well that and watch/read to/play with my 3 little Ps.

As for right now...it is off to bed!
Photobucket

No comments: