Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hot Potato!


What is that...4 baked potatoes? What am I going to do with 4 baked potatoes to feed my family of 5 for 3 different meals you might ask...Well let me show you!

First...of course...I baked the potatoes in foil in the oven until soft.

Day 1...baked potatoes with squash puree, cheese, S&P, green onion on Paige and mine, and butter. This evening Trooper was not home se the kids and I only used 2 of the smaller potatoes for the 4 of us.
Yes this is Paige eating green onion...a girl after her Grumpy's heart! She did it more than once too!

Day 2...brinner (breakfast for dinner you non-Scrub watching blog viewers)...we had breakfast burritos with eggs, beans, cheese, bacon, salsa, whole wheat tortillas, and one chopped up potato.

Day 3...twice baked potatoes. I was not here that evening (GNO...Girls Night Out). Before I left I used the largest of the potatoes and cut it in half, scooped out most (but not all...must leave a little around the sinks for it to hold together) of the flesh, added butter, cheese, squash puree, S&P. I topped with a little more cheese and baked until warm. I was told they were great...I did not tell Troop until later that there was squash! He did not even notice!
Yes, Paige has green onions on top and yes she also ate some straight that day as well! Gotta love her!
Happy eating

Photobucket

No comments: