Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

No, I did not let my 4 1/2 year old who usually only takes a 1 hour nap take a 2 to 2 1/2 hour nap 4 out of the 5 weekdays last week just so I could get things unpacked, hung on the wall, or put away. No, not me.

No, I did not live out of a suit case, Target ego bag, off my dresser, out of 3 different boxes, closet, and whatever happened to be clean in the laundry basket for 8 days until I had the time to unpack and put it all away. No, not me.

No, I did not in an effort to make the apartment feel more like home, take 3 kids to Hancock Fabrics and buy fabric for Parker and Paige's bed and curtains, the curtain to separate Peyton from Trooper and my room, and curtains for my room. I then did not proceed to then make curtains with said fabric before I had even unpacked my bags of clothes...see above not me... No, not me.


No, I did not take my kids to the pool 2 different times by myself. Upon finishing our pool time, I did not then put all 4 of us in the pool shower (off to the side to wash away pool water). While in the shower, I then did not pull out the shampoo, conditioner, and pre-soaped baby wash cloths (I have had those since Parker was born...finally found a great use for them!) to wash all 4 of us off. I then did not on the 2nd occasion also bring my intuition razor out and shave my legs. All of this was not done in an effort to save my time/sanity/clean(ish) apartment from having to drag 3 wet kids and myself in, bathe us off, and then try to get dinner. No, not me. ***fyi...we really did keep our suits on...we did not go that far***

No, I did not take my kiddos on a ride in the double jogging stroller (P2 and P3) and P1 on the big wheel to the club house for the sole purpose for P1 and P2 to play on http://www.starfall.com/, but the real reasons for going were not so that I could #1 get a little workout on the jog over and #2 so I could have a cup of coffee and sit and watch Peyton try to take a few steps without 3 kids messing up the living room/playroom/kitchen areas. No, not me.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Leah said...

Sounds like you and I have the same prioritizing techniques! Whew, you definitely need to jump over to www.sillylittlesparrow.com tomorrow morning to play along with the Toot Your Horn Tuesday posts. It's a great follow-up to this Not Me Monday carnival. Just TRUTHFULLY list all the GREAT things you've done in the past week. Hope you can play!