Thursday, May 28, 2009

It is not so bad...

Well we are getting adjusted to life here. I have found that our time here has only been a 3 weeks, but has seemed like so much longer. There are so many adjustments that have been and will still need to be made, but we are hanging in there and doing a pretty good job a staying afloat...if I might say so myself.

I know that I truly and whole hearted miss all of my friends in the Lake Ray Hubbard area.

I miss when having conversation with people, knowing who others are talking about.

I miss the fact that I knew where everything was and did not know have to spend time looking up if and where something might be.

I greatly miss have a garage that is attached to my house...I mean apartment.

I missed our Saturday night ABF at Lake Pointe...

With all of that said...there are things that I am truly loving here in either Austin, the apartment, or both.

I love that the kids and I seem to be getting outside a little more...walks to the park, jogs to the club house, time at the pool, bike rides, and more...I still miss the pool in our HOA, but there the water would not be warm enough to get in comfortably just yet either.

I love that when Trooper is working here in Austin, we have been able to meet him for lunch because it is so close...We have not done that on a regular basis since I was pregnant with Paige.

I love, surprisingly, that we have those stairs to climb without a garage attached. I know that sounds a little crazy, but true in some respects. When we go to and from the car/bikes/pool/whatever we have to bring only what we need and I have to plan more in advance. It is making me be more proactive with planning for our days or outings. Oh, and when I go out and have to buy anything, I have to make sure it is something I want to schlep up 2 flights of stairs.

I am really enjoying having a different grocery store to shop at. I LOVE my Super Target in Rowlett. There is one here, but not close enough for the weekly shopping. I have really liked the HEB here. Great produce. Good prices.

I know that we are in a small 2 bed with study apartment, but I have been really enjoying it. It made us sale furniture that we were not completely in love with. It made us get ride of things that we could not fit. This floor plan also is SO open and has allowed us to just be a family is play time and relax time and not be worried about the projects for the house or yard, cleaning so much, or the bills to pay for all the 2 stories of air that were wasted in the entry/living/dining/and kitchen!!!! I do miss the size of my kitchen though.

I am enjoying the events that seam to be ongoing here. We have found something going on all the time. We already have several things we are looking into that were either not offered, not popular, or too far for us to enjoy as a family....stay toned to see what we did in an upcoming post.

I am equally excited about what plans that the Lord has in store for us in the coming days, weeks, months, and years here in Austin.


Photobucket

No comments: