Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Favorite Smoothie

Ever since Parker was little, he did not want to eat his veggies...he is still that way, but will eat them a little better now. Paige eats TONS of veggies. Peyton is eating his great too.

Anyways...I have always looked for ways to put more veggies and different fruits in their diets (Parker only really eats a few choice fruits well either). When V8 Fusion came out...I started buying it for Parker. I have always done 1/2 water and 1/2 juice (too many sugars otherwise). It took a little getting used to at first, but is so much better for you. The kids do not know any different now. Trooper and I drink it as well. That is all I give them as a choice. I also know it is not as good as the whole fruit or veggie and a cup of water!

When the book Deceptively Delicious came out...I bought it! We make something from the book or my own creation about 8-14 times a week. Below is one of my favorites...I will share more soon!

Here is a little recipe for my favorite smoothies...

2 ripe bananas or 2 handfulls of any berries
1 cup of frozen fruit (peaches or mango are our favorite...berries are good when they are out of season)
1 cup of V8 fusion (this has a serving of fruit and veggies in every cup) or 1 cup of carrot juice
a few ice cubes or cruched ice

Blend in the blender...serves 4 people about 6oz each

Photobucket

No comments: