Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Last Thursday I did not take the kids to grab dinner at Sonic, get the mail, and then head back to the pool to eat and swim. No, not me.

While at the pool, we did not have a wonderful time together. I surely did not keep throwing Parker and Paige up/flipping them over just because Peyton was laughing at them so hard. No, not me.

It was surely not getting late and Peyton was not starting so yawn. I was not about to tell the kids 5 more minutes when a neighbor stepped out and told us there was a tornado and hail warning. I surely did not pack up the kiddos right away, head to the car to drop off the life jacket and pool toy on the way up our flights of stairs to the apartment. No, not me.

Once we arrived to the apartment, I did not change Peyton and put him down for bed. I then did not get the other kiddos out of their wet clothes. I then did not turn on the TV to check the weather. I then did not look and step outside to feel the first drops of rain and see the black/green sky. Going back inside I did not see the weather man say something about Cedar Park and Northwest Austin taking cover for the tornado/hail. No, not me.

At that time, I did not grab my cell phone, about 7 pillows, the lap top, and turn off Trooper's new TV before waking Peyton who was already asleep. We then did not stay in the bathroom, check email and send out a few twitters before the electricity flickered and I lost internet...until just a little while ago. There did not go my idea for the kids to watch something on the computer while in the bathroom...and pictures surly did hold their attention for the entire 15 minutes we were in there. No, not me.

At the end of it, I did not have to then turn the TV back on to see the we were now out of danger. I did not however have to pause the TV and study the map a little longer to be for sure since when the news was mentioning areas and intersections, I still did not know for sure where they were talking about. No, not me.

Photobucket

3 comments:

{Kimber} said...

your blog is so cute!!!
:)

The Maybin's said...

i don't like those storms! in 2004...when we were still in our apartment...we had baseball sized hail bust all our windows and some furniture...all while we were in the closet! all you could hear was glass breaking...the only thing i remember is bradley telling me it couldn't be that bad...and well, it was! i'm glad you were safe!!!

vburnette@att.net said...

Hello! We sent a post, also. Did you receive?! I don't see but, maybe, you took off already?!
Anyway, your pancakes sound good.

Georgia Grandparents