Thursday, June 4, 2009

Here in the Big B

I made it to Belton last night. Today has been a great day. The kids and I had a good morning of reading, singing, and playing at "Grumpy's Park" (a.k.a. the play scape and trampoline in my parent's backyard). My mom finished up closing out school then came home so I could go get my hair cut.

Wow that was great.

I am a little embarrassed that it has been since January...it is June and I do not have long hair anymore remember...it is short. What with putting the house on the market, it selling, settling up the movers, moving, and now no MDO for the kids...this is the 1st chance I have had.

Well that and I have been thinking I was going to grow it out again, but I think I am going to wait until the end of the summer to grow it out. Well I guess I have to since I already cut it off again...Who knows!

On my way home I stopped by the store (needed swimmers for Peyton at the pool tomorrow) and picked up a little pool for the kids to use at my parent's house. THE KIDS LOVE IT! I think Peyton thinks it is more like a bath tub so he is willing to stay in longer. At the real pool, he like to sit on the side and play with the toys vs. riding in the crab or even being held (that is SO not like Peyton). He does tend to like playing in the shallow end and walk around the edges of the pool or a chair. TMI right...


Paige and Parker kept jumping in the pool, hopping out, running to the trampoline, and running around so they could make wet foot prints on the mat. Too much fun.

Well after the kids had dinner and were getting ready for bed, I met some of my great friends from high school for dinner/dessert. We had a WONDERFUL time.

No kids.

No playgrounds.

No diapers.

No potty trips...well that were not my own that is.

Thank you mom and dad! It was greatness...great to be able to catch up and spend some time together.

I am getting together with the same girls...along with our kiddos this time...tomorrow for a swim.

Photobucket

No comments: