Thursday, April 30, 2009

The end is sight

Well we will be leaving the Dallas/Lake Ray Hubbard area very soon. A week from today we sign papers on our house. We will be packed next Wednesday, loaded next Thursday, and our things will arrive (minus the liquids and any bullets!) on Friday in Austin. It has not hit me just yet that we are truly leaving.

8 1/2 years...we have lived in Rowlett. In that time, Trooper bought our 1st house. We got married. I did student teaching. Trooper took and passed his PE (professional engineering exam). I tought Algebra 1, Cheerleading, Dance, and Drill Team. Trooper joined the Army. We got pregnant and had Parker. Trooper went to Iraq. We got pregnant on R&R. I had a misscarriage after he went back to Iraq. Trooper came home and we got pregnant with Paige. I was on bedrest for 6 1/2 weeks for the 2nd trimester. We became a family of 4. I started staying home when Paige was 3 1/2 months old and watched a friend's baby. I started teaching aerobics. We decided to move...just to a bigger home. I had surgery. Stopped watching friend's baby. Started taking the kids to story time at the library We went on a cruise with friends. Parker started soccer tots. We got wonderful surprise of being pregnant with Peyton. We had Peyton. Trooper made associate at work. Paige started speech. The kids started music class. Parker started t-ball. We put our house on the market. Now we are moving.

Those are the highlights, but they do not even begin to tell the story.

It does not tell of the friendships that I have, Trooper has, or the kids have. It does not tell of the friends that Parker prays for every evening or on the way to school. It does not tell of the friends that Paige calls their name as we are driving near their house when we are not even going by. It does not tell of the places in my mind that I see my babies crawling, standing, going up stairs, walking, being potty trianed, talking with sign language, eating, learning to use a cup, playing at parks, feeding the ducks, joining me on another OB visit, or being brought home from the hospital.

No, above are just the highlights between doing life. Not that the higlights are not life, but just that they are a marker of life. Marking the beginning of something new or a change. Or making an event. The life moments are the things that will love on in my heart and mind. The things that I will ever cherish and take with me as I (and my family) move on.

The end is in sight....the end of our time here. I will still love and cherish so many people here in the Lake Ray Hubbard area. They have been like family to us. They have loved us and us them. We know that we will, in time, make new friends, but we will not just think of our wonderful friends here as highlights from a time ago, but as those that we did life with a time ago.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kayce said...

That was BEAUTIFUL Jami. Good luck with your move to Austin!!

Mama Clegg said...

Wow, had no idea you all were moving!! Good Luck! Luckily we can keep in touch with our blogs... Thanks so much for introducing it to me!!

Brandy