Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Almost 1

Peyton is almost 1. I cannot believe that. Just a year ago I was pregnant. Just a year ago I could not wait for my next doctor's appointment to see if and when he would be coming out! Just almost year ago, I lost my keys in the bluebonnets while big pregnant and chasing after Paige. Almost a year ago I started feeding my last baby for the first time...I cannot believe this chapter of my life is almost over.

I have been pregnant/breastfeeding/both for over 5 years (except for 5 weeks between finishing with Parker and getting pregnant with Paige). I don't really know or remember what it is like to have my body to myself...I sure don't remember what it is like to go to the bathroom by myself before 8 p.m.!

I was talking to my friend Kristi yesterday. I asked if her baby (#3) is going to preschool next year and she did not think so...he will be 2 1/2. Her twins are and have been in preschool for years. I told her I totally understand...my luck I will be the one breastfeeding her last baby breakfast until he is 3. Just knowing you are done having little ones...it makes it that much harder to let go of them being a baby. I just want to make it last a little longer. Luckily he is my smallest and my cuddlier so that is VERY easily done. With Parker and Paige...thier birthday was their last day to feed. Peyton...that is the plan and we are down to 2 feeding a day. We already have the sippy cup down so he is getting pumped milk in there that was saved. Other than that...we will see what next week holds!

Photobucket

No comments: