Sunday, April 26, 2009

My little Sweety

Sweety Potato that is!

The kids love to help me cook. When I say love, I mean L-O-V-E! I cannot make a PB&J with out tripping over a stool that the kids are using while "helping you cook" as Paige says. I don't care if it is heating a steamer bag (who else LOVES those!!!), making sweet potato pancakes, heating chicken nuggets, putting bread/waffles in the toaster, making something (any suggestions for tonight?) for dinner, or even opening a cheese stick, Parker and Paige have pulled up a chair or stool and are there. Peyton...well now days he is either still napping/asleep or he is holding onto my leg.

While at my parents a few weeks back the kids helped my make sweet potato fries with a home grown Sweet Potato from Jami's dad's (Grumpy) garden. How does Jami make her fries? Glad you asked...
First...peal potato (optional)
Second...cut into desired fry size and shape
Third...toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder...do not crowd...you may need 2 pans
Fourth...place in a 450 oven for about 15 minutes
Fifth...take out and toss (don't use your hands Vicki)
Sixth...place back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until done.
Seventh...and last...(TURN OFF OVEN VICKI) Take out of oven and enjoy! Just like my baby is!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kayce said...

Thanks for a new recipe!! Now here is a new one for you. 1 can of corn, undrained, 1 can of black beans, undrained, 1 package taco seasoning, 2 cooked and shredded chicken breast. Put everything into a saute pan and cook until bubbly. The sauce should be thick. Serve on tortillas and garnish with cheese and sour cream if you would like.