Monday, April 14, 2008

Adventures of the Bluebonnets

Well today was a day to remember. Yesterday Trooper and I went out with the kids to take pictures in the bluebonnets. It was very windy and chilly so Paige really did not want anything to do with it. There were ZERO pictures of her worth keeping. I know my time is limited before I will be in the hospital having Peyton as so I wanted to make sure some good ones were taken before it was too late.

So today, I looked at the weather. It was to be a great day...not too cool and only about a 5 mph wind. After meeting Carissa and Emily at the gym for a little turbo class, I took the kids back to the bluebonnets for more pictures. Paige did TONS better...I will attach some of them soon. After about 20 minutes, I was ready to get going, but I did not have my keys! They were nowhere to be found. I remember as I was getting Paige out of the car thinking (or the Lord telling me) I should just roll the window down and leave my keys on the seat. I brushed it off and took them with me.

Well after about 30 minutes of looking, Carissa picked up the kids and I. We went to her house where she fed us, the kids played, and she let the kids stay/nap. While there I got the extra key to my house from her...just glad it did not get lost in her move a few months ago! Emily and I went to my house for the extra car key then to my car/bluebonnets. Emily, Logan (her 5 year old), and I looked for the keys for about 15 minutes. I then said a little pray that God would shine a light on them. Not 10 seconds later, there they were! I told Logan that I was going to throw a party like the lady Jesus' parable of the lost coin!

Then, I went back to Carissa's house to pick up Parker, but we had to wait on Paige to finish her nap. By time it was all done, my little trip to the gym/bluebonnets lasted from about 8:50 to about 4:50.

A BIG thanks to Carissa and Kort for the food, pack-n-play for Paige, sand box for Parker, and the 1st leg of shuttle service. Another BIG thanks to Emily, Logan, and Isabella for the 2nd leg of shuttle service and the eyes in for looking for keys!

Tip of the day...listen to the little voice of reason in your head...ignore the voice that does not make since though!

No comments: