Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me Monday

Here is the new edition of Not Me Monday...

This week I did not realize when putting Peyton's onesie on that it was getting a little small. I then did not look at the size tag that my 9 month old was wearing and see that it was a 3 month onesie! 3 months! That means UP TO 3 months! No, he has not been wearing them since June when he got our of the newborn onesies. And, he will not also wear one of the onesies from that package again this week most likely. No, not at all! No, not me!

I did not forget/avoid shaving my legs the other day...or for a few days...and my 4 year old tell me they hurt him. No, not me!

I did not make 4 different kids of veggie baby foods last week. I will not have to turn around and make more green ones this week for a very hungry little one(ahh!)! No, no me!

I did not also take the sweet potatoes I made for baby food and put it in pancakes. All 3 kids do not love those. Parker also really did not think (when I ran out of sweet potato a few days ago for pancakes) the plain pancakes tasted good at all. He did not say the plain ones were too dry. No, not Parker! No, not me!

I also did not take the butternut squash for baby food and put it in mac-n-cheese. Parker did not have 2 servings. Paige did not eat all of her 1 serving. Peyton did not eat his fair share as well. Trooper did not finally accept that I make mac-n-cheese with squash EVERY time! No, not us! No, not me!

I did not hang out at the McDonald's playground an extra 30 minutes after my friends left so I could wait for the doctor's office to be open so I could hopefully get Peyton an appointment (for an ear infection that would not go away) right away so I did not have to load, go home, unload, load, go to the doctor, unload, load, go home, and finally unload all 3 kiddos. I did not want just one less. I did not do all that even though Peyton was crying and just about begging for a nap. No, not me.

I did not load up my car with my 3 kids, a friend's 18 month old, my friend (Emily) and myself to drive to go see our best friend's (Carissa) baby the day after he was born. While there, I did not have to put Parker in time out 2 times and have a talk with him in the hallway more then once. While holding little Cannon for the first time, he did not cry the entire time. And that did not break my heart just a little. Of course he just left Emily's arms...so she must have not given him a little pinch so he would cry for me. No, not me, Parker, Cannon, or Emily!

I did not have a glass of wine while Trooper was out of town in Maryland. I did not then drink that wine while I scarp booked Peyton's baby book. I did not scrapbook in my under the stairs scrapbook hole that I keep stuff in front of the door so my kids do not realize there is anything interesting in so they do not try to get in...I pray. No, not me!

Not too many this time around, but still fun!

4 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I need the sweet potatoe pancake recipe. Addisen loves pancakes!!!

Laurie

TJPPPSmith said...

sweet potato pancakes...

1 part sweet potato puree (cook in oven for about an hour at 400 and then mush up)
dash of cinnamon
2 parts water
2 parts pancake mix

Mix potates and cinnamon, then water, then mix...do in that order. Cook and enjoy!

Jami

Wayne said...

Great not me monday I thought your not mes were very amusing.


I was also wondering if you would like to take part in tribute tuesday. It is a chance to tell some one that you are thankful for them in your life by paying them tribute.
Tribute tuesday also has a mr linky so the world can see your tribute to the person that light up your life.

Wayne said...

I was also wondering if you would like to take part in tribute tuesday. It is a chance to tell some one that you are thankful for them in your life by paying them tribute.
Tribute tuesday also has a mr linky so the world can see your tribute to the person that light up your life.