Monday, October 13, 2008

Peyton Eats Cereal

Yesterday evening Peyton had his first bites of real food. We had given him a bite of bread a few weeks ago and he played with it in his mouth, but never really ate it. Last night we gave him his first spoonfuls of cereal. He did okay, made a few faces, got some on his fingers, then put his thumb in his mouth. I sat the cereal down for a moment on the table to grab something for/from Paige and when I looked back, Peyton was leaning over in the Bumbo trying to get the bowl of cereal. All is all he did okay for his first time.
I know several people have asked about when I was starting food...the doctor said he did not have to have or need the veggies or fruits until he was 6 months old and the cereal does not really have tons of calories or nutritional value and they only need it to learn how to eat before they need to eat the veggies and fruit at 6 months. I am glad...that was just going to be only ONE MORE THING on my plate. I cannot believe though that we are already at that point. Peyton will be 6 month on Thursday! THURSDAY!!! It has almost been half a year since my baby has been born. On the bright side...only 6 more months until I get my body back to myself! It will end up being 5 years and 2 months of my life that I have spent pregnant, breastfeeding, or both (minus 1 between finishing with Parker and getting pregnant with Paige...but I spent 3 months doing both between Parker/the miscarriage and Paige/Peyton).
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's some dedication, Jami. Enjoy your last 6 months with a baby hooked up to you! Before we know it, we will be looking back missing those special bonding moments!

I love your other sweet post. Thankfully I never had to experience that myself, but have tried to comfort many friends and family members who have. God does have a reason, and perfect plan in store. I know it's tough while we are trying to figure it all out though.