Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cardiologist

Well I went to the cardiologist on Tuesday. He said I have a slight murmur along with my prolapse. On a scale of 1-6, mine was a 2. He is going to see me back in a month to check again. He told me that some women can have trouble with baby #1 and never again. Others get worse with each pregnancy. He told me the only thing that could make it permanently worse was weight gain or high blood pressure. Well I am usually very low (11/60 and was 90/60 on Tuesday at the doctor) and am seaming to have trouble gaining weight at all this pregnancy.

Anyways...He said this is something that I am always going to have and I will die with it and not from it...meaning it is not going to be what does me in, but like my stretch marks, I will get to leave them here when I go to meet Jesus.

Okay...back to the doctor...I mentioned to him my high blood pressure/headache issues that I had with Paige and the meds I was on during her pregnancy. He said the high blood pressure could have caused the prolapse becoming worse and giving me a few problems with Peyton and more with my little baby girl. He told me the meds I was taking helped fight off any symptoms that I might have had otherwise during Paige's pregnancy.

Just like Paige...she causes drama...cause drama in her pregnancy and more for the babies to follow. Trooper needed no proof she was a girl because of all the drama and even speculated this was a girl (and hoping a little that it was a boy for less drama...and Parker wanted another brother to go hunting on his Grumpy's land...my dad) because of the drama she was/is causing. Are we gals that bad?

He told me that there is medication I can take (I could not have early on because of brain development in our baby girl, but it is safe now. It is a Beta blocker and they wanted to give me that with Paige, but I was not far enough along at the time I started so they put me on a Calcium Channel Blocker...for those medical people who know anything about what I am talking about...I just know the names and not what they really do...) if it gets bad. Right now I am good and most of my days are just fine (minus the few minutes I have a spell a few times a day). I have had a few harder days, but those are very few and far between.

Please continue to pray that I have few (or no) long spells during the days and that I do not have my several small spells either. He said that the last 2 months of the pregnancy will be the hardest for the breathing/heart issues, but is hopeful that it will all go away afterward just like with Peyton. Please pray that he is correct!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the update!! I have been wondering about you. Are you coming home for Easter? Talk to you soon!!

The Maybin's said...

It's a girl! I'm so glad to hear!!!! So glad to hear from you...I never seems to be able to catch you. Happy Easter!